So yesterday I set out to photograph some of my 3D models in outside environments to manipulate their appearance.
The photo to the left is of a structure made only of cardboard slotted together, based of a sketch in my 'Outside Drawing' sketchbook. I like its industrial look and photographed it in the foreground of a number of buildings, to almost show it as being one of them.
On the right is my fabric teapot in action! (Well, not exactly..) I edited the image on Photoshop to make it appear as if the model teapot is pouring the tea into the mug. I enjoyed playing around with this one.
I took many more photographs of a variety of my models, including the wire maquettes, and although at first I had not been keen on the idea of photographing my work in places other than my studio desk, I did enjoy it and appreciate now how my 3D work is almost 'brought to life' when placed in the right scenario.

No comments:
Post a Comment