Rachael's been doing her own pictures instead of working for her foundation course again.
Though I don't regret it. With the days getting shorter, there isn't much natural light to work with anymore, and since on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays I'm in the studio 9 till 5 (or at least, I should be) I end up missing the sun!
Plus it doesn't help that my desk is FACING THE WRONG WALL SO THE WINDOW IS TO MY RIGHT SO I END UP BLOCKING OUT ANY SUNLIGHT THERE MIGHT BE.
Still, in terms of this picture I have now started adding colour pencils! I was really nervous about making the right decision and was worried I'd ruin what I've already done (since I've never gone into such detail with watercolour before..) but I stuck by my guts and tried it out.
I can really see the improvement in the coat and the neck and bottom of the face where I've started. I've got a long way to go, but at least now I can work in the confidence that I've made the right move.

No comments:
Post a Comment